Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 1 decade ago

help!! my best friend ALWAYS outshines me!! ......?

my best friend is awesome. i always have the best time with her and we laugh nonstop. but there is something that really annoys me about her: she is better than me at everything. shes prettier, funnier, smarter, she gets hotter guys, makes tons of best friends, is the life of the party, and has people flocking to her all the time. shes graceful and pretty and gets better grades than me.

our friendship, of course, means a lot to me. but im really sick of her outshining me all the time. what do i do?

ps im 17 if that helps. thanks!

Favorite Answer

wow, sounds a lot like my best friend and me. he's everything and more. PLUS, since we graduated high school, he's now attending the air force academy and im stuck in our hometown attending a regular college. really, the only thing you can do is kid her about it. i give him a hard time all the time about it. but, i'll bet there's something she isn't better than you at. like with me and my best friend, i can whip him any day at video games. plus i can dance better than him (i dont think he has ever danced a step in his life actually). your friend isnt perfect, it just seems like it. i'll bet there is plenty of things you're better at than her. just dont let it ruin your friendship.

Just be yourself. When you get to college you will see a big difference in out shining others. In college it really doesn't matter, or it shouldn't. But I'm sure your good at something, it may be that you just haven't found it yet. And not having a lot of friends is a good thing. You don't have soo many people in your bizz. And there is also less drama. It is good not to shine a lot.

well, i now what you're talking about. i dress differently than some of the other girls at school and so then almost all of the other girls outshine me. i say do nothing! you shouldn't have to change yourself to make other people notice you.

good luck! :)

hmmm i would say u have to try to find something that your good at it will help take your mind off her and let u shine at something good luck :)