Why does my 30G ipod charge only last 4 hrs, not 14 hrs?

Favorite Answer

Does it say it'll last 14 hours? My 2 GIG Nano can last over a day if it's being run continually without skipping or restarting or any of that stuff.

Are you charging it through your computer or a wall plug? I plugged my first iPod through my computer and it just turned itself into a paperweight after a few months. And then Best Buy staff tells me to get a wall charger and I haven't had any problems with it since. (That's how Apple screws ya.)

• I am sorry to be the one to tell you this but your Ipod might be one of the many ipods which had a miss function. IF your Ipod is still under warnitery you might want to go to your nearest Apple store and talk to the "ipod Genius". He/ She will help you replace of fix your Ipod.

How long have you had your iPod? The battery will wear out over time. Are you keeping your iPod in a chilled area? If you are in a hot area, the battery life will dimnish.

-Music playback time: Up to 14 hours when fully charged

-Photo slideshow with music viewing time: Up to 4 hours when fully charged

-Video playback time: Up to 3.5 hours when fully charged

If you are not watching videos, or looking at pictures while listening to music, your battery is either bad now, or defected. I think you should send it to apple and have them fix it for you.

Make sure you charged it all the way first.

Fast-charge time: about 2 hours (charges up to 80% of battery capacity)

Full-charge time: about 4 hours

that is because if u have the backlight on setting for more than 1 minute and also watching videos takes up lots of battery

It will last longer if you put the hold on while listening to music or watching movies