Why are Odysseus' men vulnerable when the Cicones attack?

Favorite Answer

Odysseus' men are drunk on "stores of wine"

Source(s): oldteach.com/Odyssey pp 890-898.htm....plus I read it back in the day
  • Linda

Hey - how young are we talking about here? If you mean the 18 year olds and over - dang - you mean I've been a pervert and a predator all this time and never known it? Might have to turn myself in! I'll never look at a 25 year old in the same light again - I'll just cower down like some mongrel dog and wait to be beaten! That's it - a pervert and a good Australian man are going into this shed - and only one is coming out! What the hell is wrong with you people? You read two stories a year about pedophiles and so on, and you start to act like the NSW Teacher's Federation - get all men because they might be pedophiles. Get a life! You've never met a real pervert or pedophile or whatever. AND:- I'm happy to be a pre-dater! First check 'em out, then ask 'em out for a date! AND:- J D - Juditha lives ! Common sense at last! The Debraining Bomb didn't get everyone! AND:- Run and Tell - how come an age difference somehow makes it predation? People of all ages can find each other attractive - I've known married couples who have a huge age difference. Whoa, Kristy Hinze and her man - oh - but he's well-heeled. R-i-i-i-ght!

You are reading that book. We just finished it! They were vulnerable because they were busy feasting thinking that they've won.

well they won so how were they vulnerable ?