If I mix wine with Ginger Ale, am I hydrating my body while I am drinking?

I have a few glasses of wine at night on a regular basis and I drink several cups of coffee during the day. I'm concerned about how much fluid I'm taking in that isn't dehydrating, like alcohol and caffine. If I mix the wine with Ginger Ale and make it a spritzer, am I doing myseld any favors?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You´re not doing yourself any favors because Ginger Ale is soda, which is also dehydrating. The only drink that is truly hydrating is water. All caffeinated drinks and sugared drinks are dehydrating.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Linda
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

RE: What alcoholic drinks can I mix with ginger ale? I have a lot of ginger ale I also have some rum and whiskey and wine and beer anything I can mix it with? I also have juices.

• 1 decade ago

No you arent. Its like mixing a liq. with sprite when you dont feel good. It doesnt make you any better. Just drink water in between your coffee and wine and you should be hydrated.

• 1 decade ago

No, soda doesn't rehydrate your body, ginger ale only helps when you are sick to make your stomach not so achy, because ginger is a healing spice.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

alcohol will displace water.you will not dehydrate from the mix you speak of.water is your best bet.avoid caffine in large amounts.

• Abby
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

No, you need to drink water to hydrate. alcohol and caffeine work as a diuretic. to know if you are hydrated enough your urine should have no color

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.