Who thinks IPods are overrated?

Favorite Answer

i do . i have never owned one but i have used my friend's. I dont really like them. I am interested in the Zune that microsoft just put out. I need to get some more info on it first.

The ipod is a mediocre mp3 player, and the video ipod is a horrible video player.

for music one would expect good sound quality, which you will not get on an ipod.

for video one expects at least DVD quality, not the streaming video quality you get on an ipod video

the ipod has far too many expensive exterior plug ins that other players have built in for free

never buy music or video, record it from a broadcast and it is legally free, why pay Apple for what is free?

get an Archos 604 wifi, it makes the ipod look like something from the Flintstones.

I agree that they are overrated. I hate iTunes, they don't come with a radio, etc. I got a Sansa e260 and I love it! Less expensive than an iPod with more features and good quality. People are just sheep I guess. They think if it's not an iPod that it's garbage.

I think that they are highly over-rated. They have the DRM restrictions that Apple put on them. You can't put any other format on them unless you hack it. I went with the Creative MP3 player and yes it is bigger than the iPod, but so what, I can put any format that I want on it, and can use WMP to upload to it.

I really Agree! I tell people why get the ipods i mean they are just a name brand that is popular. Just get a regular mp3 player!

I do think that are. No one owns CD players or walkmans anymore, only ipods. I don't even know how they work.

Not at all, they are great, and to me are definitely the best MP3 player out there.

Me

I don't think think they're something special.