me asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

how can i scruch my hair...?

ok so i have thick wavy hair and all my friends scrunch their hair and it loks really prety but when i try it just look really frizzy and puffy.

Favorite Answer

i have wavy hair too, and what works best for me is when it's still wet, use a leave-in conditioner (my favorite is herbal essences, "none of your frizzness"), then blow dry using a diffuser (if you don't have one already, you can find them for pretty cheap at target or a drugstore--they come with a blow dryer)

So I have really really frizzy poofy static-fied hair too so here's what I do.

Get it wet first....best if you do it straight out of the shower.

Get some strong gel...not the sissy name brand stuff...strong stuff

Put some on your hand and rub it around so it is all over your palm

Put your head to one side so your looking sideways and all of your hair is hanging freely where you can see it

Put your hand under your hair and go straight up tighthening your hand into a fist as you reach your roots

Repeat until that side is coated in gel

Repeat on the other side

Do the back and the top of your head

RInse yor hands and spray a little hairspray on

Let it dry because that will show you what spots you missed so you don't have one frizzy spot and you can take care of it before you leave the house

Good luck

Source(s): practice...practice...practice

it's probably because you don't use enough of the product or your hair isn't wet enough when you do it. Get your hair good and wet, not just damp. It's good to do it after a shower. Squeeze the excess water out of your hair, pour some into your hand, and scrunch different parts of your hair. Keep repeating. It easiest to lean to the side to get a good job. Flip over your head and do it that way. Make sure you get all of your hair. Let it dry without a towel. Hope this helps!

i would suggest using an "anit-poof" shampoo and conditioner and then try. i would suggest the breand sunsilk. so you wash yr hair i would suggest using both gel and a curling spray, and scrunch away! after yr done u can either let it air dry or u can blow dry it. if u blow dry DON'T have it facing up when u do it, this will make it more puffy, i would point the dryer down on yr hair because that might even help it go down even more. after its dry i would run yr fingers thro it a little bit, not for a long time or w/ a brush. then i would spray yr hair w/ a strong hold finishing hair spray. =)

Source(s): this is what i do when i scrunch my hair and i ahev thick hair 2!

I have the same problem. I'll wait until my hair is damp then "scrunch" with anti-frizz gel diluted with some water (and I let water be at most 20% of the mixture).

My daughter has thick curly hair and we use Paul Mitchell wax works on her hair and it looks good no need for scrunching. One make sure not to put too much of the product becuase it can make your hair look dirty.

buy a diffuser. it is amazing. u dont have 2 scrunch bcuz it does it 4 u. u put product on the hair and use it lyk a regular blow dryer. they are not expensive, they cost around 20 dollars, and they also give u alot of volume. i have curly wavy hair and it also gives my hair more culrz. u'll luv it. gud luck

Put water on it first, then gel or mousse. Scrunch all of your hair until you are satisfied with the look. It dosent take much time and its super-affective!

My friend has really straight hair and i suggested that she use TRESemme' "flawless curls" curl enhancing mousse and follow up with TRESemme "curl locking" styling spray. these two things makes any body with straight hair have great looking scrunch hair.

• bligen

Use a reliable curling mouse and follow it for your hand. Then including your hand scrunch it although your hair, making it wavy. or you should use a defusing attachment to a blow drier and also you that to scrunch hair.