Do you think each predeccesing generation is getting, for a lack of better words, dumber?

I'm young enough to poke fun at myself.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Tommy
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It's o.k. It's not your fault. It is not your fault that, for lack of a better word and spelling, it must be each succeeding generation. Preceding, or 'predecessing', or predeceasing can't "get" anything. The dead past cannot get dumber.

According to some, the human race is evolving. The unfortunate part is that it is doing so without any evolutionary purpose or any ecological nitch that can be proven.

Everything points to the human species destroying its own bed (habitat for humanity). So alarming is this trend of reverse evolution, and weakening of the species, that scientists, politicians, spiritualists, and many educators have taken on the role of "saviors of mankind."

To avoid any adverse response, or outright competition with the world's great religions, the politically correct way to say "saviors of mankind" is sustainability. Sustainability is not as abrasive as savior. Further, support of sustainability is fundable, a vote getter, and unlikely to get one crucified for his or her efforts.

The perfect response in the world of dumb and dumber.

Or perhaps the better word is insanity.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Pretty much. They all keep getting dumber and pretending to be smarter. Example... Don't you LOVE it how all these 12 & 13 year old kids pretend to know everything about politics? They all hate Bush because they heard Kanye West say to hate him on MTV. Ha ha i know I'm young, And i hate Bush too... haha so I shouldn't be talking but... outta the Dumb kids these days i don't think I'm TO retarded. p.s. thanx for your answer on mine, :]

• 1 decade ago

Yes because of feelgood school policies. Government schools teach you to feel good about being stupid.

Those who have interests in other things can educate themselves easily. It's all about self motivation.

• 1 decade ago

yes, there is no longer any natural selection and there is a mixing of races which lead to a lower IQ

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Smarter can be dumber, yes.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's quite the opposite, actually.

• 1 decade ago

what a dumb question.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.