I wan't to buy a Playstation 3 (PS3) for a christmas present?

I wan't to buy a Playstation 3 (PS3) for a christmas present -

Two options

Should I buy on ebay NOW?

or Buy on ebay closer to christmas?

how much are they now?

what will they be around christmas?

what happened with the XBOX 360 in this scenerio last yer?

• Favorite Answer

dont buy from ebay, there prices are high!!! you should just wait till sony ships more.

actually the prices will now decrease until next year february when the ps3 will come again to usa (100,000 units) so i would pre-order one and wait till next year or if you are too despirate, then buy one off ebay...60gb version should be around $1700 and 20gb version should be around $1350.

hope you a merry christmas :)

They will go way up in price around xmas because all the soccer moms will be freaking out once they find out they cant get them in the stores! I have already sold one on ebay for over 1100, I have one more for $1025 if you want it!

• leena

if i were going to get it i'd get it sooner rather than later. it's going to be expensive on ebay but the prices have gone down, but they'll go right back up when it gets to christmas. i think thats what happened with XBOX 360 last year

Actually you dont want to buy a ps3 just yet wait to see how many will be recalled do to the blue ray stability. Same thing with the xbox360 it was sold in beta form never fully tested and you see how many recalls they had.

Buy one from your local retailer (Best Buy, target, walmart, etc.) . Just keep going around you will find one for much cheaper than on Ebay.

• i just found one for $1000 and it had 3 wireless controllers, 3 games, and a bunch of other stuff which would actually be close to the real price.

You're gonna pay about the same either way. About $1000 I guess.

Try http://www.ps3seeker.com/ - they provide inventory figures for upcoming shipments for local retailers as well as local auction listings.

wait for more to be shipped, then get it for $600