Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Is misogyny by God's design?

It's all good, Nia---saying something sarcastic in a sweet way is truly a gift I admire! =0)

• Thinx
    Favorite Answer

I dunno. Is it hatred to keep females as small as possible? Is it hatred to blame the whole original sin on one woman? Is it hatred to put all men on a higher level than women?

Why do I even ask myself these questions? of course that's hatred, doh!

So, the correct answer is C. Yes

This is a misconception that is kept by men to feel better about themselves. As a man I accept to take some flak for this.

Through out all the religions where women are villains it takes an intelligent person to notice and acknowledge that woman aren't actually the villains. As is true in the modern day, women do less to men, then men do to themselves over women. Now if misogyny was god's will, then Adam would've slapped Eve and told her to go back to the kitchen instead of eating the fruit.

Imagine the passage now.

"And god looked down at Adam and saw him train eve by the backhand and it was good."

The bible doesn't say that (or at least not in so many words) so I can't believe that God likes misogyny.

Source(s): I hate when my wife isn't in the mood to cook and she just gives me an apple instead. Idle hands are the devil's work, right. (Please notice the sardonic hyperbole where otherwise obvious.)

the same argument could be made about Darwin"he said racist things about women".

We still follow evolution like we follow the bible.

It has no effect on the essence of the bible.

Just because the celery is sour doesn't mean you throw out the soup.

I don't believe in evolution,not because of Darwin,but because the whole concept of evolution is dreary at best.

I can definitely see where your coming from.

You are also forgetting that the whole concept of man/woman roles have changed in the past 30 years.

In the fifties when men worked and women stayed home,their concept of gender roles influenced how they interpreted the bible.

Hope this helps sweetheart.

My hero=B)

God Bless

Do you mean where someone only wants to be with one person? Not date a bunch of people at the same time.

If so I think yes, I think it has to do with health, which is very important. But it coflicts with what you may feel, is more interesting.

I think for health reasons only sleep with one person at a time. But that one person you are with cannot make you happy in every way. Everyone has limits, as to what they want to share with you or talk about. So that is why you need male and female friends out side of a relationship to nurture the rest of you.

mi·sog·y·ny (m-sj-n) Pronunciation Key

n.

Hatred of women: “Every organized patriarchal religion works overtime to contribute its own brand of misogyny” (Robin Morgan).

i dont get what your asking

how do u mean?

did god design the world to hate women? i cant imagine he did, seeing as there arent that many that hate women that i have ever heard of.

Source(s): www.dictionary.com
  • .

Honestly, I don't think so.

The Bible says that men and women are created equally and are one in God and Christ.

So no, misogyny does not come from God, it comes from flawed humanity.

Source(s): Excuse me for my sarcasm in the last question of yours. Please accept my apology.

Ahhhh, but you forget about the Amazons <wink>

(Seriously, I don't believe God would design such a thing.)

• No. Jesus made women equal to men (Matt.12:49).