Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 decade ago

Am I wrong here?

I was married my first ex husband was it in my eyes. He did alot of wrong but I over looked everything he did wrong. Guess some would say I worshipped the ground he walked on it. He was all it. Then he left me for my so called best friend. After 9 years I am remarried now. And very much in love with my husband. I was taking a shower and my mind kept thinking why do I love my husband like I do. I love him like he is my ex. I stood in the bathroom listening to him talking to our dogs he sometimes sounds like my ex and does things like my ex. His temper is even like my ex hardly has one. It is like I have another chance with my Mr. Perfect. Am I still comparing with my ex husband after 9 years? I am very much happy and very much in love with my husband now. What am I doing here???????????

Favorite Answer

Maybe it's cuz you loved your ex and your huband reminds you of him....it's not so bad obviously you found things you liked about your ex and your new hubby has some of the same traits.....i know that my huaband is a lot like my ex in certain ways....it was weird at first cuz i thought about my ex whenever my husband would say or do something but now it's starting to go away and i don't think about is as much....but yes it is very strange but don't dwell on it.....just know that you love your husband for who HE is and so what your ex has some of the same characteristics.....all the guys i ever date have been somewhat alike.....just don't worry about it!

They say it takes you as long as you were with someone to get over that person (ex. 9 years together 9 years to get over him) you are comparing everything to your ex because that was your love you want your new husband to be like your ex becuase you secretly miss him or the things he used to do....

It does kind of sound like you are trying to make your Mr. Perfect come back into your life. With all the similarities in their behavior and all. And look your first marriage did not last. Sometimes as women we tend to stick to something that we see as a security blanket. Try not to analyze it so much you may just be seeing and hearing what you want too. He may not be anything like your ex, but you may be pushing to hard to make him that way.

• ?

Put the crazy thoughts to bed and listen to your heart.

Maybe you simply replaced your ex with someone who reminded you of him...!

Yea!!! What David said

Your trying to create problems for yourself.....Stop thinking so much....just enjoy !!!!!!!!