What is Berber carpet?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

A Berber carpet is looped , but not in a low, level loop like your more common comercial carpets. The loops are varying widths and heights giving it a less commercial look and a plusher feel. Berbers are a mix of coloured fibres, and traditionally were usually in neutral, oatmeal beige/ brown mixes. Now you can find them in neutral shades and mixed with many other colours such as blue, green, rose, mauve , etc., ( but the colour tends to still be muted somewhat ) They were also originally made mostly in wool, making it a rather expensive carpet choice, but you can now find more affordable synthetic blends. Berbers have a rather contemporary look, often seen paired with Scandinavian style furnishings. But it's look is quite flexible so it's easy to blend it in with most any style. It is a carpet style that has proven to stand up so far, against looking dated over time.

Source(s): I am an Interior Designer.
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Berber carpets are a type of carpet made by Berbers in North Africa. The origin of Berber carpets date back to the Paleolithic era...

• 1 decade ago

It comes in lots of different colors. Years ago I had the neatest multcolored carpet.

This is not a good carpet if you have pets though. It snags very easily and then it pullls apart in long strands. Once it is started it is very hard to keep stopped.

• 1 decade ago

Check out some samples here....

http://www.floorplayinc.net/Carpet/Berber.htm

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • mickey
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

it is a dense, heavy, closed-loop pile carpet. stands up well to wear and tear. although its comfortable to walk on, it doesnt have a deep,luxurious pile like some other carpet.

• elk312
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

In general, any uncut loop pile carpet.

• 1 decade ago

it is really heavy duty carpet used for highly traveled areas, but is somewhat soft also...i have it in my basement of my house and love it!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the best carpet ever. its like really nice haha. its whitish tanish and really nice :]]

• 1 decade ago

loopy carpet ... no loose ends

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.