Backyardigans?

Anyone's kids watch this cartoon? If so could you tell me what Uniqua is.

I know Austin is a Kangeroo, Tosha=hippo, Tyrone=moose, Pableo=Penguin But what in the world is Uniqua?

(Sorry if I spelled their names wrong)

My friend (whose son also watches the show) and I thought she might be some kind of reptile.

• Favorite Answer

Uniqua is exactly what her name says. (I actually asked this questions a while back, lol)

She's just 'unique' and isn't any particular animal. :)

Heres a cut and paste from Nickjr.Com

Uniqua is her name and her species. She’s graceful, agile, and as light on her feet as a ballerina. But when it comes to playing, she’s more “adventure” than “ballet.” Unafraid and daring, Uniqua loves to run, climb, and ride her bike faster than anyone. She also loves to tell silly jokes, make silly noises, and tickle her friends. Yes, Uniqua is mischievous, but she’s also sweet – she knows whether her friends are happy or sad, and she’ll always say something to show that she cares.

Source(s): www.nickjr.com

I don't think uniqua is anything "real". While the rest are real animals, Uniqua is her own species. That's what is says on www.treehousetv.com (a description of the backyardigans are on there)

I think the creator of uniqua meant for her to be different.

Uniqua

Kiera loves the backyardigans. I have no idea what uniqua is but i look forward to finding out.. I often thought an ant or ladybug.. I also think she could be any insect. I wish they would just tell us already!

this is probably the best question that has the widest range of answers. according to wikipedia, uniqua is a curious, self-confident and high-spirited pink creature with polka dots.

Source(s): www.wikipedia.com

I think that Uniqua is an ant.

When I first saw the show I though she was some kind of ladybug, b/c of the dots and the antenna.

I'm also confused about some of the characters on Arthur (on PBS). I have no idea what "the brain" and prunella are supposed to be.

uniqua is kind of lika dragon. i'm not really sure but shes similar to the purple guy.

i always thought an ant and they just made her purle pink polka dots in stead or red or black like a normal ant cause it was more colorful for a childrens cartoon

My daughter thinks she is a butterfly or a caterpillar, because she has antennae.