Why do women wear rollers when cleaning the house , doing laundry and shopping?

Is it the latest retro look as I remember my mum and other women in the 60,s and 70,s doing this

Favorite Answer

I had not seen this for a number of years but since changing my shifts at my job. I must admit that I have started to notice other women with their hair in rollers who stay near to me, I have also noticed that some women are becimg being brave enough to go shopping in them.

Unfortunately I too have decided that I am sick of my straight hair and on occasion will be found in curlers but never outwith the domain of my home or a hair salon

it is my modern-day gripe besides. adult adult males do no longer even GET it no longer to show help with it. All those issues is so time ingesting... even whilst my husband does help this is purely an remoted element - he does not get that those issues is going on and on and on and on. My real answer is that throughout the 1960s whilst women gained rights and extra get right of entry to into the artwork tension, the roles at homestead nonetheless necessary finished. on account that there replace into no nationwide "broadcast" or billboard or replace to the form approximately equivalent responsibilities on the homefront, women have been left to handle all of it because of the fact adult adult males weren't used to the duty. PLUS, characters and place fashions like That female, or Samantha from Bewitched, or perhaps Roseanne did no longer make it any much less stressful on t.v. as they promoted the parable that we are able to do all of it!

Because they want to keep their hair rolled during those times when looks don't matter too much, so when they get all dressed up to go out later, they'll have their "crowning glory" fresh done and they can look spiffy from top to toe. Nothing ruins a nice get-up worse than your hair looking like you stuck your finger in a light socket.

Its probably a good way to pass the time while they are waiting for their hair to dry, and also roller sets do not cause any heat damage to your hair unlike heated rollers and curling irons

While significant other is at work so they look their best later in the day when mate , friends or company might be present.Sleeping on them can kink the curls at times or bend the over all shape

because they probably have company coming later on or a important function so they have to look good.

i think you must still be back in your mothers century, or watching too many old films, in this day and age i have never seen the like.

because they want their hair to look good after they do their errands. They probably have plans.

yep, actually some think its attractive, i simply cut my hair so that i never have to put those nasty things in my hair again

They don't understand what "Roller Derby" was really about...