new cigar hobbyist. any advice?

Favorite Answer

You don't need an overly expensive humidor, just one that will hold about 100 cigars. Also, try many different things to find out what you like. I find too often that people smoke certain cigars because other people say that are good or because a smoke magazine said it's good. Use your own judgement as to what's good, because you're supposed to enjoy smoking them

Have fun! Remember, a woman is just a woman, but a cigar is a SMOKE!

First: get a humidor. Nothing expensive; but if you don't buy one you'll have to go to the cigar store and buy cigars one at a time; which is much more expensive than buying a box online. But you have to have a suitable humidor to store cigars before you can buy a box.

Then, go to the link below to get a good list of prices for cigars. The home page for that site also has metareviews that are helpful for deciding what cigar to buy.

Okay, let me give you a woman's point of view. My husband quit smoking cigarettes (thank god) and switched to cigars. It was fine for a while - they smell MUCH better. However, they have no filters. So, you are getting much more nicotine in each puff than from a cigarette, and therefore your addiction increases. Initially he would only smoke 1 cigar in two days. That slowly increased and increased, until he was smoking several of them each day. Also, within 2 months, his breath started to smell like dog s**t. I'm serious. Nasty, nasty, bad breath - exactly like poop. I could no longer stand to kiss him. Other people noticed the bad breath and mentioned it to me, like he wasn't brushing his teeth or something. It was not only embarassing, it was humiliating.

Think twice before you start this new "hobby."

Source(s): Personal experience.

Try a Partagas Black. Delicious bold cigar.

Smoking has a way, of killing 1,200 people a day.

STOP NOW, BEFORE IT's TO LATE

Good luck quiting

YEAH

If they are a hobby, instead of something you enjoy, STOP NOW