Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

Thin hair question!?

I have really thin hair - what kind of haircut would look good for thin hair? Also, what are some good hair products for thin, damaged hair?

Favorite Answer

Thin hair needs a layered cut, I believe the cut best is done with a razor, than scissors. Use only professional products on your hair, they can be purchased at your local Beauty brand store "Sally's" etc..

Many people have suggested layering, but that's exactly what four hairstylists my mom has been to throughout the years told her not to do, and she has very thin hair. Think about it; layering is often suggested to people with thick hair to thin it out a bit, take some of the weight off (when it's rather long) and make it appear less full (and with thick hair, poofy). Why would someone with thin hair want their hair to appear less full? What I have seen suggested for thin hair is a bob or one legnth haircut, preferably above the shoulders. The single legnth makes hair appear thicker (as layers can make thin hair appear thinner, and wispy) and the short legnth means there's not too much weighing the hair down, giving it more natural volume. Redken has some good products for damaged hair. Hope that helps!

I was blessed with baby-fine hair. I am also a Professional Cosmetologist. I have learned that swelling up the hair shaft and keeping it full looking involved using Hair Color, or getting a perm. Chemical work tends to do this to any-ones hair.

Hair Cuts that always did well are scissor hair cuts. NO-razor cuts. Think about it.. a paint brush will stand up because it's a blunt cut. If it is tapered it will be limp and fall down.

Products designed to give volume(fullness) sometimes back fire and weight the hair down and appear flat. But, Always shampoo, and condition your hair. Back to Basics, Kenya, and Redken, are very good.

Hope this helps!

Source(s): Pro-Stylist

Sorry i dont know some hair prouducts for thin damaged hair, but mabe for a haircut. mabe if you have seen the knew hairstyle zac efron has its cut normal size kinda still long. zefron.com if u dont know what im talking about. mabe u can go to a hair solon u can ask a hair styleist what haircut would be/look best for u

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

i think of each and every physique will say thick hair on their head and no hair everywhere else. for sure some men are bald or thinning as are some women human beings. i think of the wide-unfold man or woman is plenty extra substantial.

I had the same problem if you hair is:

Long: take about two inches off and get tons of layers with side bangs

Short: add layers or side bangs

Good products: anything by herbal essences especially the new essences

Source(s): ...

You can stop hair loss using many cheap and effective home remedies. Egg white, lemon juice, oil massage are other home remedies at http://www.wellnesstalk.org/hairfall.html will prevent further problems.

Redken has a line called Body Full, its great for limp, fine hair! And it smells great! I would highly reccomend it!

layered at the shoulders with bangs!