Shelby asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

what happens if you faint?

today my friend (she goes to a different school) fainted in class. Ashley, a girl that goes to her school said that she only fainted for like a couple of minutes. i tried to call my friend when i got home but no one answered. i've tried like all afternoon. Do you know what a teacher would usually do if you faint for a couple of minutes? would the school of called the hospital? or would the teacher just send her to the school nurse? j/w because i would like to know if she is okay.

no, she never mentioned any health problems, at least i don't think she would have any, so what could of caused her to faint, and would the teacher or someone call the hospital or send her to the school nurse?

Favorite Answer

It depends on how long (aka how many minutes) and also whether she seemed kind of out of it before, or if it was sudden, or even on the conditions of the room. Your friend would definately be sent to the school nurse after fainting where she would be made to lie down and rest. More than likely her parents were called. Depending on what I mentioned before, how strict the nurse is, and how your friend was feeling and acting after fainting, they would determine if she needed to go to the hospital. More than likely she was not, and she could have possibly even returned to class.

Believe me, though, it's not fun to faint in class. It has happened to me one time in art class last year, and I had to go to the nurses. I did not have to go to the hospital- just rest. If your friend is not home, then her parents may have made the decision to take her to see a doctor.

Take a deep breath. Your friend will be fine. She's very lucky though to have a concerned friend like you!

• Abby

Have you tried getting a hold of her parents,maybe they have her at the Dr.office The teacher would defiantly send her to the school nurse and call the parents.

Well that's hard to answer without knowing anything about your friend. Does she have any health problems? There are many health problems that can cause a person to faint and fortunately many of them are not serious.

How old is she? My niece was fainting for years, she is only 28 years old now, about 3 years ago she had a pacemaker put in. She is ok now.