Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 1 decade ago

How many axis do the motion sensitive PS3 and Wii controllers have? Are they equall in accuracy?

I want to compar the two.

Favorite Answer

I know the ps3 has 6 axis, and wii only has the same i think. I know you can rotate the wiimote and it will respond on the screen. The link below is an article on the subject. *edit* another article that is a little better at explaining

the wii does not have 20, 6 axis is so it can detect if your moving up, down, left, right and forward and backward the wii is the same i think. but the wii does have the little point an shoot. they used this a long time ago so it not new in the nes which is like really old there was a game call duck hunt and yo had a gun that can do the same as the wii.

I don't know about the axis, but I know that the Wii motion sensor is more powerful and the PS3 (from when I last heard) can only detect side-to-side movement.

Well, the Wii has sensors that detect motion on all three axis (x, y and z).

I wasnt aware the PS3 had the same feature built into their controller.....

well a ps3's controller is called a six axis so im guessing it has six axeses. the wii has way more axises so it must have like twenty or so becuase you can move the wii's controler in any posible direction. they both use bluetooth technology so their both pretty accurate. wii for motion sensing needs a sencer bar but its like really small and you can but it on the bottom or on the top of your t.v.

hope that helped sorry for the mispellings