My collegues gave me a wedding shower and I want to know f I got group gifts, is it ok to write grp thnk u?

Or should I write each individual a thank you? That would mean 30 thank you notes. I just want to do what is proper. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

No, everyone gets their very own thank you. It's the right thing to do. I know it's a lot of cards, but I bet you got a lot of loot too. They all spent money on you, so they all deserve a thank you, personally.

According to Emily Post's Etiquette 17th Edition Copyright 2004. An exception to thanking everyone individually is when a large number of people in your office or workplace host a shower or party in your honor and give a group gift. While it's preferable to thank everyone with an individual note, it is acceptable to write to the organizer or organizers only. Be sure your note includes your appreciation for everyone's participation. The person who receives your note should forward it to coworkers or post it in a common area.

Write individual thank yous. The gift may have been "group", but they all contributed to the purchase from their individual resources.

The only time a "group thank you" would be appropriate is if a gift was presented on their behalf, out of the office slush fund, and the people involved did not opt in for the gift.

First, it rather is rather not sturdy etiquette to host your own wedding ceremony bathe. That makes it a modern seize, and that may not the objective of a tub. And worse, having human beings pay for the bathe nutrition is cheesy. Gee, for what she would be procuring her own lunch and drink, she would have served cake and espresso to all of us. and don't you all dare take up a set on the table and pay for the bride's meal! It was the custom, whilst money replaced into tight or there replaced into some rudeness happening, to easily purchase a marriage present, and pass the bathe. Now, the assumption is to attend the bathe with a tremendous severe high quality/lovable present, and not provide something for the marriage. Why? because of the fact the bathe presents are opened publicly, in front of wedding ceremony get mutually, buddies and kin. the presents are oh-ed and awed over. for a marriage, the bride might open her own supplies until eventually weeks later. Hubby might help. uncommon is the brunch the day after the marriage, to open wedding ceremony supplies. So the question is, do you easily need to attend the two certainly one of them, and if so, do you prefer your modern seen and remodeled, or might you as quickly basically provide her some money?

A group note would be adequate.

I understand that would mean a lot of writing, but if it were me, I'd probably write individual notes. I just think that's a really nice thing to do.

I would send a group e-mail or e-card sending heartfelt thanks. 30 thank yous is nothing compared to the thank-yous you'll write after the wedding. Although writing individual ones would be nice, and you'd get the hang of what to say in the note. Because we all know that everyone gets the same thing, lol!

A group note to hang on a bulletin board or something would be fine, I think it is up to you. I think it would depend on how close you are to everyone, if it 30 people then more than likely they just threw money in and 1 person picked the gift so a group thank you is fine.

Yes, do write a grp thnk u. It makes more sense.

Everyone deserves their own thank you!

These folks took the time, to go in on a gift, go to your party and it is only proper that you thank each one properly...

This is the done thing, proper manners wise...

• leslie

Everyone kind enough to contribute to the purchase of a gift is worthy of a personal thank you. And, congratulations.