John T asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Why would I weigh less after going out the night before and drinking a lot of alcohol?

I weigh about 198 and I went out and had a lot of drinks one night. The next morning I stepped on the scale and I weighed 193. This happens all the time. Does anybody have any ideas of why? I can only think of dehydration, water weight all gone maybe. I just dont get it because it doesn't stay off usually. I just wonder if I do weigh less or if it is just another "evil" of drinking, like "Hey you weigh 5lbs less, ... wait no you don't. HA" - alcohol

Favorite Answer

Alchohol is also a diaretic, so you pee a lot, and ahem...do other stuff on the pot. It really clears me out, making me even more dehydrated. But, I do end up losing a couple a pounds...for the time being.

• ?

Dehydration, especially if it's mixed drinks or wine. The same reason you're thirsty the next morning or have a headache.

• Abby

It's water weight you lose from dehydration

Alcohol cause dehydration, but you already knew that.

because you are dehydrated! but you do know that alcohol makes you gain weight, right?

ALCOHOL DEHYDRATES YOU