What were the ancient Greeks like?

ok i have to do an essay saying what the greeks were like, but just based on the myths we read (we read mythology by edith hamilton). so any ideas on what you can learn about the greeks from reading their mythology?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The Greeks were a civilaztion that had technology above all others. They treated the women like ****. They were all power hungry [shown by how they fight over power, and all screw each other in the back when they try to take each other spots]

They could be cruel. They all idealed a perfect body, and disrepescted people that didn't have one [example is Hepaetus or however you pronounce his name, the deformed god].

They had no respect for women, arrogant, self centered, snobbish. You could see this in the way they portrayed people like Pandora, and even Zeus's wife [can't think of off the top of my head]. The guys practiced polygamy. You could see this because they had many wives. They were very jealous people, you could see this when IO or whatever the beautiful ladies name was when she was loved by Zeus and sentenced.

Mythology by Edith Hamilton is amazing. I read that book in high school too :].

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

read it, silly, thats how you learn, we arent here to hand you your grades on a platter, we had to read it all.

• 1 decade ago

quite sophisicated and advanced for their time

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.