Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 decade ago

dutch rabbits likely to be agressive?

DO dutch rabbits HAVE to be spayed/neatured? Because i have heard they are quite friendly things.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

they are very curious and SMART!! all rabbits should be spayed or neutered to avoid disease and bad purberty behavior like fighting, spraying urine and false pregnancies. for more info, check out www.rabbit.org. they are my favorite species!!

Source(s): Dutch owner
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Dutch rabbits shouldn't be all that different from normal rabbits.

In the many normal rabbits I raised, I observed some of bad habits that neutering would prevent:

Females tended to be aggressive, when they weren't cowering in a corner or just too tired to care when I opened their cage. The mean ones would leap at me, teeth bared, claws extended.

Males would flick pee everywhere.

I'm not saying that if you don't neuter your rabbit, she'll definitely try to shred your hand every time you open her cage or he'll pee all over your walls, but neutering him/her is the best chance at preventing these hormonal behaviors. A female will be less likely to turn into a feral psycho, and a male will be less likely to hump your foot.

No, your rabbit doesn't HAVE to be altered, but if you want to spend the money, he or she will probably be a better pet. If it's a she, she might live longer, too.

• 1 decade ago

Most dutch rabbits are friendly and yes unless you want 12-18 baby bunnies hopping around, have your rabbit spayed or neutered.

• 1 decade ago

they dont tend ta be aggressive unless they are mistreated or not handled correctly. i kno that neverland dwarfs can hav a viscious streak about them but again it all depends on how they are treated and handled as babies

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.