Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · 1 decade ago

head ache question?

make a long story short, i sustanied a head injury, and blacked out. well i went to the doctor and they just looked at my head(on the outside not inside no x-rays or anything) and told me i was fine. well ever since that happended i'v been having bad head aches every day, or everyother day, but normally every day. is it a good idea to go back in, and should i get meds, and if so what should i ask for. and this has been going on for about 2 weeks

Favorite Answer

Headaches after a head injury can be part of post-concussion syndrome...definetely follow up with your physician for further testing.

It is pretty difficult to have a head injury without having some effect on the neck. Meds will only relieve the symptoms.. need to find out what is wrong with the neck, that is causing the inflammatory process to be taking place with the cranial nerves.

If you want to check out the connection, press at the base of the skull. If you find tenderness, you will understand why I say what I do. Pressing there may even aggravate your headache.

May be advisable to consult with a doctor of Chiropractic..to determine the cause and have it taken care of.

I am amazed that they did not do any type of xray or neurological exam. When you say you blacked out, did you mean you actually passed out and lost consciousness? If you did, you could have suffered a serious brain injury, contusion, concussion, etc. I would get to the ER immediately and ask for an MRI and a CT scan to make sure there is no swelling or bleeding present.

Source(s): I am a Paramedic

Take some ibuprofin and go get a second opinion! head injuries can be very serious.

Get a second opinion

Yes i think you should go to another docter and see what they say.