why do the schools ask us to say the pledge?

why do the public schools ask us to recite the pledge of allegiance every day? earlier today my teacher yelled at me for not saying the pledge because i was reading a time magazine instead. so, what happens to someone that moves to a different country that might end up going to war with the u.s.? i think its so stupid to say because i dont care what it means- and neither does anyone else in my school. So, what's the use in saying it and can teachers do anything about it if you don't say it?

Favorite Answer

I have a feeling your mentality won't even listen to the wisdom of the answers.

We say the pledge because it is the foundation of our country, one that is a free country that - for better or worse - we have the ability to influence the direction of our government. We pledge our loyalty to always strive to be better and provide a safe haven for others to be better. For whatever argument you want to hold against that, know that if you voted and enough others held your view and voted too, it would change to reflect that view.

Source(s): I am only one person but still I am one. I can not do everything but still I can do something and I will not refuse to do that which I can do. - paraphrased from Helen Keller

It is to impart to the student the notion and sentiment of civic duty and responsibility. To gain an appreciation for the gifts of being an American citizen and those blessings we have received from the Lord.

Just tell her that you can only give a pledge of allegiance to god and that any other pledge to something else may get god mad at you.

it is full proof. who goes against god? certainly not an american

If you want to live in this country, and utilize it's resources (including public education) you need to respect this countries history as well. If you don't like it, feel free to leave. Besides, you are a kid, and don't even have a clue how good you have it here as opposed to the rest of the world. Thanks to Uncle Sam.

who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!