Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Why does a god need to be worshiped?

If a god is perfect in every way, what could he want or get out of us little peon humans worshiping him? What would he have to gain? Why would he care? Would you care if ants worshiped you?

I mean really, do you worship your supposed god for HIS benefit, or YOUR benefit?

I think its the same reason kids 'worship' Santa Clause.

Favorite Answer

No real god would want to be or expect to be worshipped.

God does'nt need worship, its your choice. I see it the same way, I wake up the next day whether I worship or not. What am I worshipping anyways? I got nothing, if I do get something it's because I have to work for it or have to take it, sure God made made everything and it's better then being dead, but if I was never alive I would'nt even care about life. These people would believe that Superman was real if you told them it happened along time ago.

• ?

God doesn't NEED anything. We NEED to worship him. When we genuinely worship him, I mean like when we are in a state of meditating on him, it can be the most awesome experience in the world. I have experienced a peace and love and contentment with God that is so awesome that no words can begin to describe it. You should try it. I wouldn't go back to not knowing God for anything. What we experience when we worship God is just a tiny example of the elation we will know in heaven throughout all eternity!!!

It is not that the so called God wants us to worship her. Men reduce themselves to the level of ants by worshipping imaginary things.

John 3:16 “For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life."

We see the undeserved kindness displayed to us in this scripture, and you ask why we should worship? I rest my case

Another reason why worship is required is to prove satan a liar. Who are we faithful too? God or satan? Worship is not only a beliefe, but it also must be practiced, because it's said in James 2:26 "Indeed, as the body without spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead."

I think this is a very good point. God is all powerful, and he certainly doesnt need the ego trip.

It is the fact that we owe it to God to worship him.

He gave us life and everything, and no matter what we do we will always be indebted to him. Thats why we worship him. He has also commanded it, that we may remember who we are and where we came from. Lol, and if ants worshiped me I wouldnt have a clue, but I didnt create them so...

• rezany

It would be cool if ants worshiped me; then I could command them to worship me from the field beyond my yard. In the field the ants could worship me at their leisure while leading their ant existence and hopefully learn how to live in my garden without spoiling it before they find their way back to it. We both benefit.

Peace :)

You have been listening to too many religious leaders trying to build their selfish empires at the expense of truth and logic.

God does not want you to worship him.

Proof: Does any good parent want his children to worhip him?

Answer: of course not.

God like any good parent wants one simple thing:

He wants his children to get along with each other.

Harmony is harmony.

Disharmony is the only sin against God (Gods guidelines)

Jesus never told anyone to worship God. He simply said to love God. .... Now a good parent would want that.

Source(s): God's Ancestors: The Story LuLu.com

It seems that this god creature is so vain and vindictive that if you do not stroke it's ego by worshiping it in a highly proscribed manner, it tortures you for eternity in everlasting fire. Now that sounds like a highly disturbed creature that is hardly worthy of worship or respect.

I the LORD thy God am a jealous God

Exodus 20:5

I've kind of wondered about this idea and prayer. If God is omniscient you praying to request things is in a sense is practically offending him, suggesting that he doesn't already know what's good for you. If I were God, I would punish anyone who dared to ask or tell me what they needed.

If God is such a powerful being, why does he demand our absolute obedience if fundamentalism requires acknowledging the total weakness of humans.