Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 1 decade ago

what is the point of a faternity?

i was asked to join this community college group called phi theta kappa and am woundering what the point of it would be?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Its generally for the aimless and inept to find leadership from the clueless and the blind, with a bit of bullying and class rivalry thrown in and the brotherhood part is having someone equally miserable to comiserate with until you are old enough to take over the bullying.

Life has enough rules without going looking for more.

• koloc
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

there are incredibly some!! the completed chase sequence interior the unique 'Italian activity', and nicely because of the fact the demolition trial scene; the bathe scene in 'Charade'; the washing scene in 'Cat Ballou'; the sequence in 'Teahouse of the August Moon' the place Lotus Blossom is making an attempt to make Cptn. Fisby tender at the same time as he's on the telephone with Col. Purdy; the mail transport interior the court docket scene interior the unique 'Miracle on thirty fourth street'; 'E.T.' - 'i've got on no account pushed forwards until now!'; something with Buster Keaton...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Networking... your brothers in the fraternity will be your brothers for life... you'd be amazed at how many job opportunities will arise if you stick with the fraternity and keep up with your contacts. It never hurts to have someone on the "inside" after you graduate from college! All your brothers will have family members themselves that might be able to help you out as well. Research the frats... don't join up the first one you get invited to. Find out what sort of community services they perform, what their reputation as a "party house" is, and whether or not anyone "famous" has come out of that fraternity... once you join, you will be able to get in touch with people all over the world that belong to that same fraternity... not a bad networking scheme if you ask me!!!

• 1 decade ago

socializing. meeting chicks and drinking with a bunch of dudes who are a lot like you. fraternities were a lot more fun 20 years ago than today

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.