Why do some Asians hate their culture and either act white or black?

Favorite Answer

"You can't act black or white, those are colors you DumbBitch."

lol! i agree, u can "act black" or "act white" just because you find "most" black people listen to rap, and use alot ebonics, that doesnt mean thats the way most black people act is acting black...Its just who you are and what you stand for, not every black person loves rap, and not every white person loves rock...not all black people speak in ebonics and not all white people speak extreamly proper(or like a valley girl)...its just who you are and do what you feel is natural and normal to you...thats what i think

I don't think Asian culture in the US at least has gotten to the point to where there is a social stratification. White and Black is not the point. It's classy and not classy. A ghetto is a trailer park is a barrio, etc., and the suburbs are the suburbs. Some Asians I guess are attracted to one or another.

And by the way, I've seen some of Leavemethefreakalone's posts, and I agree. We need to leave the meth e-freak alone.

There's a lot of assumptions in that question! Such as that there is a "way" to act Asian, or white, or black, when in fact your skin color or your race has nothing to do with who you are or how you act.

And another assumption in the question is that people that act in some way different from their accepted race or color means that they "hate" their culture, which isn't necessarily true either. Society often enforces behaviors on people based on their races, and one of the ways they do that is by calling any "unacceptable" behavior self-hating.

One of the great benefits of living in a diverse culture that has all people of all races and colors and creeds is that we pick up traits and behaviors and ways of being from each other.

Who told you that.

All the orientals that I know love their own culture and are very proud of it.

Do you means Indians? I think only the British call Indians Asian. Asian do not consider People from India to be Asian.

Rhetoric. Why do some Blacks act White? Why do some Whites act Black? We are who we are, and we act like what we want to be. It's the nature of being Human to try other means of expressing ourselves, and is not necessarily a mark of hatred toward our native culture.

• Darren

I don't believe they hate their culture. People just act like the other people who they associate with. If all your friends have a culture or subculture of their own, then if you want to stay friends... you will eventually adopt some of it yourself.

It's opposite for me. I try to be friends with only Asians because they are the one who understand me the most.

it can be few things. i think one of it is because people don't like the lifestyle the asian parents wants them to live. like taking their shoe out before coming into the house or...sitting down in the floor or even the parents trying to control their kids life. and the kids tends to be rebellious and try to act or do something compeletly opposite of what their parents wishes. so..they will go get tattoos, wear baggy jeans, try to act all bad or try to act all different to show that they are rebelling

Cause they can and do what they want to do. People can do what they like and do what they want. There is no such thing as acting a certain race.

You can't act white or black.