I'm a pastor and my wife committed adultery-is there any1 out there that's gone through this?talk2 me?

Favorite Answer

This would not be the proper forum to discuss such matters. Go to your District Superintendent or to a pastor-friend for help. What is needed now is for you to have support and for you to think about forgiveness.

If you are a pastor, then you know what the Bible says about adultery.John 8:10,11---give that a thought.The things I've seen on this site makes me hope you are a pastor, and that this verse helps you.I will pray for you to stay directed.Everyone has had things go wrong in their life,hope you have just had the worse and it is over now.He will never give you more than you can handle.Be Blessed......

find out , why she has done this talk to her , there is obviously an underlying reason why she has been unfaithful it may be related to a personal insecurity she is feeling and be nothing to do with you as such, you must make an attempt to understand her, I know it will bed hard, but you must try, Secondly you must forgive her and I mean completely forgive, We as humans do not have the right to pass judgement on another , If you can not forgive you need to walk away and know that God understands whatever decision you make

• .

I'm not going through this. But I have to say that I'm sorry this has happened. You seem very upset and you have the right to be.

Now, what I recommend is that you make a decision:

Are you going to either divorce your wife or stay with her and get help? It is completely up to you.

And, if you need someone to talk to, feel free to contact to me.

Source(s): : )

I'm genuine and sorry that this happened to you. You will likely hear some unkind comments and I'm sorry for those too.

I haven't gone through this but would *highly* recommend counseling with a live counselor. Something for YOU, then perhaps counseling for you and your wife later.

You will be in my thoughts.

It would seem the storm spares not a brothel nor a church. I am very sorry for your loss.

In sickness and in health. You gave your word. You've got to make this right, which is going to require you to face some very dark truths. Why did this happen?

• Put being a pastor aside; ask her why she committed adultery; and be willing to listen, to her even if what she says hurts you, and perhaps she is even correct!!!!!

• Midge

In this day and age with all the temptations it is very hard for everyone. If she is willing to stay with you and she repents, forgive her if not there will be another person for you and she will deal with it all her life. What does she say about it?

As DIFFICULT as it can ever be, or is, you of all people should practice what you preach... and that is TO FORGIVE "seventy times seven", as it is written.

Been there, done that and bought the t-shirt... Don't worry, you'll survive.

So move on and keep the Faith!

Peace be with you.