Accidentally ate trout bones - Will I have digestive problems associated?
My wife and I were on vacation, and we decided to eat somewhere nice. She got the trout, so I decided I would have a taste. I chewed *uuummmm* (was very good) then I hit the barrage of bones. I tried to extract them from my mouth, but there were so many that a few slid back and my swallowing reflex took over from there. I believe I swallowed 3 or 4 bones (out of about 15 or so).
Should I be concerned about this??
- cosper123Lv 41 decade agoFavorite Answer
Ok well first off don't listen to the first poster based on his faulty logic. PLENTY of things can...*ahem*..."get past the gullet" and create an obstruction later on in the digestive tract.
Good news is, you have nothing to worry about. Fish bones are so thin they don't hold up too well in the churning and peristalsis that occurs in the digestive system. WORST case senario they make be a little painful to pass if bits of them make it through. I really wouldn't even worry.Source(s): nursing student
- Anonymous1 decade ago
The problem occurs going in, they stick in your gullet and can make you choke. If they got past that then you are ok.
- 4 years ago
Sounds like an interested question
- annisLv 44 years ago
Can someone tell me what is the correct answer for this question?