What is Vista?

I was told it is a new op system. And that older then 2 yr pc's will need to be upgrated. Any truth to that?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

VISTA is the latest operating system for pc from Microsoft. It is supposed to replace XP within some years. According to Microsoft, the minimum requirements for a VISTA are:

800 MHZ 32bit or 64 bit processor (Intel/AMD)

512 MB of RAM

SVGA 800x600 (video card)

20 GB HDD with minimum 15 GB free space

CD-ROM optical drive.

Based on these minimum requirements, most of the pc's within 3 yrs old can run VISTA, but remember, not all the functions of VISTA will be available. You will need more RAM, processor power, graphic card, hdd to have all the functions.

However, if you are interested to use VISTA, better wait for the next 6-12 months, so the os can mature a little bit. No need to rush for it.

Microsoft offers a tool to check if your computer support VISTA, you can download from here:http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/upg...

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Vista is the latest operating system from microsoft. It will be replacing Windows XP. Supposed to be much better in everyway but also needs a very good computer for it to run. Get to know all about Windows Vista here including screenshots etc.. http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/winvista_rtm_...

• 1 decade ago

bloated software that is designed to replace Windows XP. In another words, more money for Bill Gates. The operating system does not have significant advantages over XP, and most corporate organizations will not upgrade.

• 1 decade ago

Vista is a WIndows operating system.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

well the commercial says it's the new MS Office software

and here on their website it says

Windows Vista, the 2007 Microsoft Office system

so does this mean it's the newest version of Office ??

• 1 decade ago

I am pretty sure that is true. I heard it is probably going to be better than the XP by a lot, way more capabilities. That's just what I heard.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's Microsoft's latest abortion.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.