Kiara C asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

If people with long hair get micro braids will their hair fall out?

My hair is kind of long, and I really want micros, but everyone keeps telling me not to get them because my hair will fall out because the Africans sometimes get tired of braiding and will glue your hair. But I really want them though, but I don't want my hair to fall out.

Favorite Answer

The problem with micros is the edges of your hair. When those micro braids start to tug at your hair in thin and/or sensitive spots like your edges, it can cause major breakage and problems with growth in those areas. I wouldn't recommend getting them or any type of braids on a regular basis. It's good to let your hair get a breather between braiding as well. Especially permed or chemically treated hair.

I think that micros are OK but only every once in a while.

You have nothing to worry about getting micro braids will not make your hair fall out.I have a niece who got them about 2 months ago and nothing happened to her hair.

I think you are referring to "freestyle" braids and yes they will eventually take your hair out if you have some length.

no it will not i have long hair and i got micros and they r not gon glue your hair