My computer keeps saying "You have have 9 unread messages". How do I check them?

Everytime I log onto XP, the Admin's account keeps telling me that I have unread messages. How do I check these messages? Where are they? I thought it was referring to my Outlook but it's not. Please help me! Thank you!

Favorite Answer

Got to Start, Run and type regedit and press OK. Look for HKEY_CURRENT_USER Expand it (either double click it or the + beside it) Expand until you arrived in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UnreadMail click on the folder with foldername= your email address click on MessageCount. In your case the value is <9> Change the value to <0> Click OK Done!

If you want to to disable this feature, which from my experience always seems to give me the wrong amount of unread emails. Go to Microsoft's website and download Tweak UI which is a free utility. Once installed go to start - all programs - powertoys - Tweak UI . In the program go to Logon and select unread mail to disable this message in your welcome screen.

The Website to get this free program is http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/power...

you will also find other free useful programs on the site as well.

LOL I had the same problem to Drove me crazy, Do you have MSN messenger ? or a hotmail account ? there is where your messages are. When you download MSN messenger it ask you on setup if you want windows to alert you of new messages, Most new computers already have MSN messenger Loaded

not sure if this will apply or not but i know on mine when i get into msn messenger that shows up in the log in screen for messages.

i havent noticed if it also takes notice to yahoo messenger and email there.