Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 decade ago

Can a man and a women be just "friends"?????

Favorite Answer

of course, all of my closest friends are women and I have never thought of sex with any of them. That would just be sick...

I can't believe some of the poor answers here. Not all men want more... Plus there is many Asexual/Platonic relationships around. Of course.

I think it is fine for a male to have female friends and it is fine for a female to have male friends, BUT, IF you have a significant other out there, you had better let that person know about that friend, no hiding them! Let them be friends as well. Don't go doing stuff behind the back of your significant other or else you are playing with fire. Give your significant other more attention by far than you give to your friend.

All and all if you can do all that, there is no reason why a man and a woman can't be JUST "friends". Just don't set over the line cause if you do.....well you know what.

Yes. Literally, "a man" and "a women" can be, as the man will take on some of the "women" as just friends while he tries to get biz-zay with the rest. Then, he'll go back and try to do the same with the "friends." Check your spelling, will you, puh-lease?

Yes it is possible. As long as they are not attracted to one another. I have had a very close guy friend for 13 years and I am in a serious relationship. I talk to my friend a few times a week. Nothing has ever happened between us and never will. And my boyfriend has no problem with it.

Most of my friends are guys and we've all been friends since we were kids. I haven't had or ever wanted to have sex with either of them. Yuck.... they become more like a brother instead of finding them attractive once you've been friends for a while. So, yes a man and a woman CAN just be friends.

Yes. I have had many guy friends and nothing went on. In fact some of my greatest friendships have beeen with men. Even if you end up getting feelings for each other, no big deal we don't have to act on them.

• Donna

Yes they can. I have lots of male friends that I haven't even thought about sleeping with. My husband has female friends also. If you have trust in your relationship then your significant other should be able to have the friends they want.

YES! i'm actually looking for a female friend who thinks YES also, hope i find a few here!

No. Either one wants the other or vice versa in my experience.

yeah... well not good friends liek hang otu every day but once and a whiel yes