I have a Compaq presario v5000 that has a keyboard blip.It skips keystrokes in yahoo messenger mostly.?

I notice it in messenger since I type in it the most but it happens in other programs also.I contacted support and they had me put a newer bios in that did not correct the problem.I am waiting on a boot disk so they can send it to a previous date.A tech rep from dell who worked on my wifes laptop said it is either the keyboard or the motherbaord.I can't see if it is the keyboard because my old desktop keyboard wont connect to this machine.How can I figure out what is going on?

Favorite Answer

Are you using a compaq keyboard? Do you have PC doctor on your computer. Find it and do a systems check. It will check your whole system. If that don't solve the problem. Trash the compaq keyboard. I have 2 Compaqs and 1 Hp computer. I have Dell Quiet key keyboards on all 3. I trashed my compaq keyboards. I still have the HP keyboard as backup.

Keyboards form part of the user interface and a keyboard problem can be very annoying. Sometimes the keyboard drivers can get corrupted. Some of the problems can be fixed . I have found the details given at http://fixit.in/keyboard.html is more useful. Try here, if you can what you aresearching for...!