Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 1 decade ago

Are higher taxes and socialism the death of the American Dream?

With higher taxes under Socialism like Hillary Clinton and Nancy Pelosi suggest would that mean that there would be a "glass ceiling" and no reason for ambition and hrad work?

Favorite Answer

I could never understand the motivation for people to improve themselves under a socialist government.

While the USA has one of the lowest tax rates in the world, the USA is also one of the least Socialist governed countries. It seems difficult for me to believe that either lady mentioned thinks differently - where do you get your information? Did either actually state that the USA has high taxes or is Socialist? And just in case you really meant that something that either lady said would put us over into a high tax or a socialist state then I also cannot believe that. What are your sources? Also, define Glass Ceiling, provide sources for ambition loss or "hrad" work. Incidentially, Americans, of all ilks (North, South, Middle) are known for hard work and if you read the Financial Times as I do you'll note that high achievers working too hard is becoming an issue in business.

If you'll pardon my saying so, you sound as if you would like to be a teenage male in an urban area in the USA.

Anyone outside the USA? I'd treasure some responses from Sweden, France, other EU. Middle East, Russia, and Japan.

Source(s): Myself as a Graduate Economics student, global economics, without a personal clue as to politics - other than generally politically correct notes.

How much of a deficit does the Bush Administration have us running in? How much money has he spent? hmmm.

no because under socialism the government doesn't let you have dreams.

ya you right