my friends son who is 14 has been band from local shop till next year?

he has A D H D and can't help the way he is only got medication this week what are his rights and who else thinks this out of order

Update:

HIS NOT ABUSIVE A LITTLE CHEEKY JUST CAN'T GO IN SHOP AND BUY HE WANDERS AROUND FOR AGES AND CAN'T MAKE HIS MIND UP AND ITS ONLY A CORNER SHOP AND THE MAN IN CHARGE JUST LIKE HIM

Update 2:

I MEAN HE JUST DON'T LIKE HIM

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

All that is is Sterotypeing. He has the rights to go in and only if he is threating or causing alot of craziness...he is still aloud in there. Just because a kid has ADHD a store clerk cant say get out!

Hope ALl goes well

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

You left out the most important part, what did he do?

If he is only loud or pushes cart little faster than the rest of customers I don't see a reason to ban him, but if he is running into thins throwing stuff around or being abusive to the workers then he should be banned. Why is he not taking medications, it's a little too old to be using adhd for an excuse, we wouldn't let people with any other mental disorder disturb us day after day after day, we would call authorities and ask somebody to remove them from the store, is his mom one of those parents that just smiles and says there's nothing I can do, he just doesn't want to take medication........he has a condition that needs to be treated and do not expect the rest of the world to understand I don't want to be around sick unpredictable people

• 1 decade ago

ADHD is no excuse for horrific enough behavior to be banned from a store. Medication doesn't do anything except make it easy to focus and concentrate... any negative behaviors will still have to be addressed in appropriate ways.

Source(s): One daughter, 20 years old, ADHD, an Honors college student... and one stepdaughter, 15, ADHD, high school student who has learned since coming to live with me about self-management of behaviors
  • 1 decade ago

As his parent, talk to the shop owner and tell him of your sons condition. If they dont believe you, bring medical records. If that doesnt work, you do have the right to sue.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

i had to study adhd and its an excuse. thats all it is and its going to handicap this kid because he will use it as an excuse for the rest of his life. i was "diagnosed" with it when i was in high school..... when i got to college, i wanted to be a teacher and that was one of the things that we had to do research on. there is no blood tests or anything. the meds will kill him if they arent careful. its wrong and shouldnt happen.

Source(s): college education
  • 1 decade ago

you didn't explain why he was banned. If other peoples safety was concerned then you can understand it but if its just cause the shopkeeper doesn't like him that's different, also his parents have a responsibility ti give him his meds if they chose for him to be on them

• 1 decade ago

well it depent on wht he did but if it was juat that he was boing lound then that is harsh. i personally don't have adhd but i do know some people that do anf they would be baned for a store.

• 1 decade ago

don't blame others for his sickness..take some responsiblity and act accordingly

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.