Help with programming submasters on the ETC Express lighting board?

I am having trouble programming submasters on an ETC Express lighting board. I bring up the appropriate channels (ex. ch 1 thru 10 at full), hit Record, and hit Sub. But when I go to hit the submaster's bump button, nothing happens. The LED does not light up and the display on the monitor does not change-- it still tells me to hit the submaster bump button, although I already did. Neither does it work to slide the sub's slider up or punch in its number. Right now, the subs are set 1 to 1 and are pile on. I have no idea how to troubleshoot this... can anyone help?

• Favorite Answer

You have disabled the record function with record lockout.

1. Press [Setup]

2. Select [1] System Settings and press [Enter]

3. Press [1][3] Record Lockout and press [Enter]

4. Press [0] Disable

5. Press [Stage]

This is the button press sequence for the Expression 3 that I have in front of me. From memory it will be almost exactly the same for the Express. If it's not the exact numerical buttons to push I think from what I've written here you should be able to work it out.

Have fun with your show.

Source(s): I'm a lighting designer for the Seven Network in Australia and use an Expression 3 every day.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I am having trouble programming submasters on an ETC Express lighting board. I bring up the appropriate channels (ex. ch 1 thru 10 at full), hit Record, and hit Sub. But when I go to hit the submaster's bump button, nothing happens. The LED does not light up and the display on the monitor...

Source(s): programming submasters express lighting board: https://tr.im/ayYvp