Can you still file a small claims case if the incident happened 15 months ago?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You need to check with your local courthouse/police dept

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Neither you, nor your father and mother, have the alternative to charge or now to not charge him with statutory rape. no matter if rates are filed or no longer is on the discretion of the District lawyer. no matter when you're doing this out of revenge, spite, or for the noble purpose of having a sexual predator off the streets doesn't remember. All that concerns isn't any matter if he broke the regulation. If he had sex with you once you've been nevertheless purely 17, then he broke the regulation. the placement right that's no matter if it will be shown. After this a lot time and in view that he can make the declare that you're doing it out of revenge, might want to taint your testimony. The case would commonly hinge on what became contained in the police document from decrease back even as they stuck you. it isn't going that the document pronounced that you've been having sex because it would were determined there no matter if to charge him with statutory rape or no longer. in case you comprehend of different children he's raping, you would possibly want to both communicate with them and note in the adventure that they are keen to corroborate your tale or see if the police will be keen to communicate with them.

• mama
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I believe so. It makes a little more sense if you still pursued the defendant during the 15 months, though. Have evidence on paper.

• 1 decade ago

you would have to check your state's statue of limitations. I think most state are 2 years. but I'm not for sure. You may want to call a free advise attorney for advise on your state's limits..

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

go to court house they will tell you all.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.