In regards to life nowadays...?

It seems that in developed countries, life isn't a constant struggle to survive/reproduce anymore.

So we must find our own meanings for life. Mine is love and honesty.

What are your meanings of life?

evilive: part of love and honesty includes helping others in worse situations!

Favorite Answer

Family, love, happiness and respect

If you've never experienced gender discrimination, does that mean it doesn't exist? I see people give the reason why gender discrimination can't exist is because they personally haven't experienced it. Are these people so lucky, or so privileged, or in denial, or lack empathy, that they can't see even one instance of unfairness, for just one person because of their gender? No just because you haven't experienced gender discrimination doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. However, just because others percieve that they have doesn't mean that they are automatically right either. There are any number of reasons why someone wouldn't see gender discrimination. Some of these you mentioned, but to be fair I'll add one: perhaps discrimination, at least of the most insidious kind, doesn't exist in the society you happen to be living in. Is this way of thinking similar as the thinking of people who say they have never experienced racism, or don't see any racism or don't see what the big deal is about racism? Maybe or perhaps what they are saying is more like 'quit playing the same old victim card everytime and actually try and do something with your life before you start blaming others for failures that occur'. It's so easy to say that when you fail it's somebody else's fault. But life is such a complicated web of experiences and trials that nobody can ever be certain, except for in a few cases, that they didn't get ahead because of discrimination. There are plenty of other reasons why people don't get ahead in life. To focus on one of them and one of them alone is to do a disservice to society, people, and the truth. If someone hasn't experienced gender discrimination, does that mean it doesn't exist? How can someone think their personal experience is exactly the same as millions of others? No it doesn't prove that gender discrimination doesn't exist simply because someone hasn't experienced it. Likewise it doesn't mean that it does exist simply because someone percieves that it does exist. Perception is how we as human beings see the world. We are not passive observers in this world. We actively construct our memories and interpretations of the situations we get into and as such we cannot just simply trust our own experiences to be gospel truth. Indeed to take one's own personal "experiences" of discrimination and project them onto society as a whole is the same error that those whom you talk about in your question commit. What it all boils down to is who has the correct view of reality, those who say that discrimination doesn't exist in the societies in which they reside or those who say that it does (i.e. who's the real madman)?

Being thankful for being able to get across a busy street without getting run over. A street that I must cross almost daily has been the scene of violent accidents lately. Another one happened today to a grade 9 student who was hit by a car and thrown into another oncoming car. She is not expected to live. That is from one of 3 busy roadways in a row that I cross twice daily, to and from work, so I am thankful that I have been spared so far. My prayers go out to that girl.

I think we are in some pretty big crap now. I mean those ppl from 3rd world contries won't dissapear and their spread of diseases and their poverty and misery can't be ignored.....

Instead of being such a smug dumb f*ck why don't you try to contribute to OTHERS. You greedy bastard.

The meaning of F*cking life my ***. Help someone else you whiny little trewp!

"Oh I'm so sensitive"...."I think about the meaning of life when other people are starving and being mercilessly slaughtered" Stop thinking and get off your *** you stupid lazy spoiled jerk!

Meaning of life.... maybe your life would feel more meaningful if you would contribute to other ppls lives!!!

You want a meaning well pick one and pick a good one!

And that is my HONEST veiw.

enjoy it. it is like a gift , in a sense. who knows how long you will live, why save all your money for when you retire or whatever .. go on vacation, go see your famil and friends, go do fun things, memories will last forever in the minds of the people we love.. try to make someone happy and make yourself happy too. you shouldnt have to suffer.. IMHO

My main meaning is the search for meaning.

Whooa keep evilive away from the nuke button.Peace and Poontang for me Bud.