Can you answer this trick question!!!?

If you were put in a dark room with a matchbook with one match and all there was in the room was an oil lamp a bundle of newspaper and kindle wood which would you light first? Remember you only have ONE match!

Favorite Answer

the match.

The oil lamp...you didn't say it was cold so you don't need to light the newspaper or the bundle of wood........duh! And the oil lamp will last several hours. If your still in the room after several hours, for no apparent reason, then you need to just get up and go home and open a beer and call it a day! But if you decide to outstay the lamp then light the paper then the wood.......darn I forgot about the match.

• Mel

The match of course, after I put some of the oil on the wood, then light the newspaper, then the lamp and then the wood which should catch quicker now that there's oil on it.

The oil lamp??? then light the newspaper, then throw it on the wood, that is if you can see to light the lamp.....then again turn the light on and you would not have to waste the match!

ok, 1st the match.....ha ha....

• Chula

The match

I would light the kindle wood because that way, you could use it to light the oil lamp, and the bundle of newspaper.

~OR~

you wouldnt because there might be a ghost in the room! lol....jk,jk the first 1!

I just wanted to say the oil lamp since everyone else said the match...

I would put the wood on the ground, the put the budle of newspaper on the wood, then use the match to light the paper then the paper will light the wood.

Newspaper, kindle wood, then the lamp. As one starts to burn out, hurry and light the next...in that order I stated earlier.

• hrwwtp

The match.

You have to light the match first.