Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

What are some bible verses about serving others?

Favorite Answer

Matthew 21:26 Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be your slave - just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve and to give his life as a ransom for many.

there are verses throughout the Bible. Genesis through Revelations. There are verses about serving others and serving God. Romans 12:1-2 talks about how serving God is our reasonable service. and Ephesians 6:1-3 talks about obeying our parents which also has to do with serving. And Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, have great verses that talk about serving others. but there are also verses about serving yourself, which is basically talking about serving yourself with respect. You know what? Because you have asked a very good and serious question I am going to find more verses for you and I will email them to you. because I need to study more about this same question. What do you think?

James 1:27 ;Hebrews 13:1,2,3; Luke 10:33,34; Acts 16:33; Matthew 20:34; Acts 20:35; Romans 12:15; 15:1; Galatians 6:2;

There are many many more.

~whoever wants to be first, he must be last, and the servant of all.

-Mark 9:35

~for even the son of man didnt come to be served, but to serve.

- Mark 10:45

Scriptureman says:

1Co 9:19 For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.

Philippians 2:4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others......

Teaches us to look to help others then ourselves.....