I was given a computer, It said disc boot error, insert sytem disc and restart. Can I bypass this to start ?

I don't have the system disc to this computer. How can I bypass that error to start windows?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It probably doesn't have a operating system installed on the hard drive.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

that used to be an error in Windows 98, and it meant there was a floppy in the floppy drive. If there is one, remove it, and click OK or whatever it says to do. It may be that the BIOS on this computer was set up different. Unless you know how to change the loading sequence in the BIOS, you may need a tech to help with this. I'd check this out first, before you get into buying software, reformatting, etc.

• 1 decade ago

Well you do have a problem. You need to reprogram the system. Call the manufacturer and see if you can get the system restore disc or discs. Use another computer and go to their wbsite and order a backup disc or discs. I means system restore disc. Not to be a smart A**, but now you know why you got it free.

• 1 decade ago

If there is not already a disc in the machine, that's a hard drive problem. Check all the drives, both floppy and CDROM to see if they are empty. They should be. Also, check the bios (F2 on boot up?) and see what the boot order is. At least one hard drive should be listed there.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If your computer is not working properly while you are working on it, it could be a problem with device drivers, hardware or software.

Detailed instructions at http://tinyurl.com/yk5zpr

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.