Why do these wacko environmentalists worry about the environment so much?

Rapture is coming soon and as far as I care the Earth can be damned because I will be in heaven!

Favorite Answer

Im guessing that youre joking....

But the problem is, too many people share that sentiment. What if youre wrong? Do you really want to leave a legacy to your children that consists of a uninhabitable planet??

You people have been predicting the end of the world for 2000 years. Youve been wrong so far. What if you continue to be wrong for another 2000 years??

Ahhh... but what if the Rapture, or Advent, or God, or whatever redemption you believe in doesn't happen in YOUR lifetime or your children's lifetime? God put us on this earth to take care of it... He gave us this gift of an earthly abode... and look how you treat it. Even if you are living in a place temporarily, you take care of it because you are a responsible human being. Apparently you are not... and don't really give a rat's a$$ about the gift God has given you... I'd watch out if I were you... the Rapture (if there really is one) is gonna come and you are gonna wonder why YOU didn't get to go... and God is gonna tell you, "You didn't take care of what I gave you on Earth...how can I know you are worthy of My Heaven?"

What if God comes and says "Would you look at this mess..... ok we arn't going anywhere untill you clean this up right now!"

lol

Besides people have been saying the rapture is coming soon for the past 2000 years.

This is a typical attitude I find in quite a few of my local conservative churches: A blindness justified by a "Who cares as long as I get mine?" attitude.

You keep holding your breath for your Star Trek beam up, little man. I plan on making the world habitable for the next few generations.

We will still come back for the 1000 year reign. The earth will be changed when Jesus comes back so it can be inhabitable forever. If we take care of it now there won't be so many natural disasters and famines.

Check out this website: http://www.near-death.com/experiences/research02.h... Scroll down and look for the heading in bold Earth: Our Larger Self.

Look at it this way,isn't the earth supposed to be one of gods creations,yet you're saying it doesn't matter about neglecting it. Don't you think he may be a tad annoyed about that attitude. I would have thought with you being a christian you would have respect for everything he supposed to have created.

Well, isn't that special.

So, when the rapture does NOT come, how's about we put you in a gulag and force you to clean up oil spills and polluted streams?

Would you be up for that?

Let's make a wager.

Thats not nice, the enviroment is very important and we need to take care of it for our future kids and their kids, everyone should care about the enviromen Rapture is not coming soon or at all. .

Also saying God hates liberals is not very christian of you at all.

What an arrogant and ignorant attitude! Do you not know that the Earth was given to teach, heal and sustain us. Shouldn't we be protecting it at all costs?

• Myaloo

Nature,to me,is the most beautiful thing here.I would really hate to see it be screwed up for me and the people I may leave behind when Christ comes back.