Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

How can people trust in a God that never speaks to them or is never really there with them?

Favorite Answer

But he is and he does! He speaks to us through the scriptures, through his prophets and in our minds and hearts. We are never alone if we seek him...

You must "...knock and it shall be opened unto you"

God IS really there. He is always there. just because someone doesn't believe in Him, he is still there to help, and still does. We ALL have a "conscience, still small voice, heart..." that KNOWING about stuff that we could not possibly know..That is Gods "voice" so to speak. While not audible, it is there, and is always right. The closer we get to Him, and the better we KNOW him and His word, the better we hear Him and Feel Him.

For me. God is present in all things and is the stuff that makes the atoms and molecules spin. The fact that we exist is an affirmation of God.

Religion tends to twist this notion into man-made interpretations that are then handed down as truths. These "truths" create division, separation and great suffering in the world in the name of spirituality. In actuality it's temporal power that is being coveted.

• ?

God speaks through His word, the bible and prophets. The bible has been preserved throughout the ages for us. God will not push His way into your life, but if you ask Jesus to be your savior, God will be near you with His Spirit.

I trust my lights to come on when I flip the switch although I never see the things going on in the wall allowing the electricity to surge through the light and touch the filament in the bulb. I have seen God's miracles in my life and I believe he does talk to me. Maybe not in the same way that you would, but talk he does.

• KDdid

Maybe God does speak to them and they do feel Him there with them.

Karl Marx in an insightful moment described religion as the opium of the people.

If you have difficulties understanding or accepting reality, or don't want to be part of it, it is a good way out

What makes you think God don't speak to us & what makes you think God is not here., He speaks to me throuh his word, & God has never failed me yet. His Promises are true.

Jehovah God speaks to us through His Word the Bible. I know that He is with me everyday. Read God's Word to investigate yourself.

I guess everyone needs something to believe in. It's helps them get through the hardships in their lives.

Because the thought of them having to take control of their own lives scares them apparently.