i need the best excuse to replace my ipod nano with the product replacement plan from best buy?

i bought an ipod nano from bestbuy and got the product replacement plan. my little sister got my ipod wet so she thought it would dry up by putting it in the microwave. the screen is melted. what do you think is the best excuse to replace my ipod because the plan doesn't cover damaged screens or abuse?

Favorite Answer

First, smack your sister in the noggin for that. Take money from her college fund and buy a bigger ipod.

if it doesnt cover screens and the only thing damaged is the screen, you're probably out of luck. but if there is other damages, you could always try the whole "i left it in a warm car and it just melted" thing. although, if you live in minnesota like i do, using that excuse in 7 degree weather wont do the trick.

my friend accidentally ran her nano through the wash, and it obviously broke. she brought it in and told them exactly what happened, and even though they arent supposed to cover negligence or abuse it was a new worker and she gave her her money back... in cash. hopefully you get that lucky.

You could try saying that you left it in your car and now it won't play. The screen is obviously broken so you could say you don't care about the screen you just need it to function(which is covered).

You could also get a new LCD for it before you try to return it:

http://www.ipodmods.com/

Good luck, but you might be screwed depending on what kind of mood the person is in at the returns counter.

MikeC

• Kim

I suggest not getting a zune, Ive heard alot of stories of them crashing. A new Nano would be best.

As soon as they look at it, they'll know it was abused. (BTW, the sparks should have been a clue that it didn't belong in the microwave.) It won't be covered, no matter what excuse you use.

idk I think you should just settle for another Mp3 player