What is the longest word in the English Language?

Anyone?

I heard it today but it was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to long to remember.Could someone tell me it please?

Update:

waaaaaa..means way..

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

used to be

antidisestablishmentarianism

don't know if it still is

• 1 decade ago

This is hard to figure because what do you not include. There are chemical names that would go on for pages. Then there are compound names. 100 years is a centennial. Well if you keep adding to that you will keep making the name longer and longer. 175 years in letters would be nearly 35 letters long. But in normal words that are in use, the antidistablishment... is the longest.

B

• 1 decade ago

The longest word in any major English language dictionary is pneumono­ultra­micro­scopic­silico­volcano­coniosis, a 45-letter word supposed to refer to a lung disease contracted from the inhalation of volcanic ash

my english teacher in high school put this on a vocab and spelling test but because i've been out of high school for almost 10 years i got it off wikipedia.com

• 1 decade ago

Antidisestablishmentarianism is usually the longest one that people can easily remember.

It means being for the establishment.

or actually, being against being against the establishment.

Anti _________dis_________ establishment ______tarianism

negative ____ negative______ establishment_____ involvement

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

George W. Bush because his lies.

• 1 decade ago

Supercalifragilisticexpealidiocious. Even though.............

Source(s): Sound of music? King and I?
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.