maytag side by side refrigerators?

I think I purchased a lemon. At least I purchased the extended warranty!!! However a service man can't find the problem with my

1 1/2 year old side by side maytag. Please help me find someone that will give me faster results than the warranty company.

Favorite Answer

Hi,

Go to Bob Vila fix it forum and post your question there.

Bob Vila's has Moderators that can help you. The Moderator called Dano is an expert on fridges. If you post your problem it want take long before he replys to you.

If you register with the site you will receive an e-mail letting you know if someone has answered your question.

The Moderators are the ones you see with a yellow M beside there name.

http://www.bobvila.com/wwwboard/wwwboard.html?acti...

I also have a Maytag side-by-side refrigerator. The ice maker was fixed three times and replaced twice and still doesn't work. It leaks water constantly. The bottom drawer in the freezer section is always frozen to the freezer. The water leaks onto the floor. All this started one and a half months after the extended warranty ran out. I had sent in my cheque to extend the warranty again, but they said they never received it and won't fix the fridge. I will never again buy a Maytag. Good luck with yours.

• Kim

Call a refrigerator repair person. Maytag has had some issues laely with their side by sides models. The repair person can look at the model and serial numbers and tell you the age of the product. They may also be able to tell you if the product has been subject to a recall by Maytag or whoever made it for Maytag.

Go to where you bought it, and see if your dealer can get Maytag, now Whirlpool, an RA (Return Authorization) on the "lemon". Maytag is one of the tougher companies to get credit from, but the store you purchased it at could get a hold of their Maytag sales rep for some help on this. Most service plans will replace the unit if it's deemed unrepairable, but getting credit from Maytag will save your service plan, because once it's replaced under the service plan, it usually ends that contract, and you'll have to get a new one on the new fridge. If Maytag replaces it, in most cases, the service plan will be pro-rated, and you'll get most of the $$ that you paid for it returned.

What does the code PEO OOO mean on the digital display on the front of the refrigerator?

well, you dont tell us what its doing, or not doing, update your question, so you can get some help.