What makes more sense-to take care of our own country's problems,or to go "help" other countries,uninvited??

• Pop D
    Favorite Answer

Take care of your own first unless your existence is being threatened. Iraq never threatened the existance of the US. It was the same thing I heard during the war in VietNam. We have to fight them over there or else we'll have to fight them over here. We lost the war and I still haven't seen that invasion by the Vietnamese. 30 years and still waiting. And to "I Hate Liberals". More Iraqis have now died since we invaded the country than did under the reign of Saddam Hussein. Also, why aren't you over there protecting America? Chicken? Just like your leader, George W. Bush.

• ramshi

Well, it worked quite fine the first time. I mean going uninvited following Chris Columbus. You got free land (a whole country, in fact) and got to do some real hunting (of native Americans).

I agree to some extent.

The US certainly has it's share of social issues that are problematic primarily due to the cost. Homeless, welfare, social security and health to name a few.

I would say quit giving money to those countries and businesses in those countries that do not support our way of life or a democratic value. I don't have a good example but, would be willing to bet we still give money to Venezuela!! Who wants to bet?

I think, people of the world would think much higher of us if; We were able to take care of all our social issues with ease and make the US a pleasant and secure place to live, work and retire.

We can take care of our country's problems by following laws and helping the poor.

We go to other countries when they bomb us. Yes, uninvited. You are being protected, I don't see why some people cannot understand that. I am so Proud of The Troops for protecting us.

I'm more concerned about the people who are dying from dehydration and starvation all over the world (including our own).

Lets worry about that stuff before we worry about the costs of gas or illegal immigration or even WMD's since starvation and dehydration will kill more people this year than WMD's.

Crazy liberal thought...but maybe if everyone in the world were educated and fed, they wouldn't have a reason to hate those that already are.

When millions of people will die in the next decade in that other country? I would think going to save those millions of people is more important than settling a few issues that wont have a huge impact on America

I think it is arrogant of the politicians here in the U.S. to think they have solutions for other countries and cultures. We founded this Country on the premise of freedom, why do we not let other people and countries exercise that same freedom?

Definitely take care of one's own country...but if going to the "aide" of another country is beneficial to your own (or not going going would be detrimental) then most governments would would go to "help".

• ?

You sound like an isolationist. It's a reasonable reaction to an unjust, ill conceived, poorly managed war which has wasted thousands and thousands of lives.

Uniting the world under a common government. Then the world's problems are our problems and we can all work together to solve them.