Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesHouston · 1 decade ago

relocating?

I am moving to Houston soon and I am not sure what is the best area for families and to raise children at... need help in finding the right place in Houston???

Favorite Answer

Hi - go to "www.city-data.com" where they have all kinds of Relocation information regarding Houston such as stats, weather info, pictures, population demographics but the best part is the forum where you can go and talk to people from Houston, ask specific questions and get ideas about the best places to live and their general attitudes down there. It's much more informative than this site and I think you'll find what you're looking for.

Here's a direct link to the forum: http://www.city-data.com/forum/houston/ Good luck on your move.

Inside the Houston area I'd suggest

The Meyerland area

The Galleria area

or a few of the suburbs such as

West University Place, Texas

Stafford, Texas

Bellaire, Texas

and Sugar Land, Texas - in fact Sugar Land ranked #8 as a best place to raise a family in the U.S.

The Woodlands is SO NICE! It's North Houston...up 45. Kingwood is up 59 and its wonderful as well. It has the best public high school in the city...academically speaking (it's been ranked number one in the state four or five years). Pearland is newer too, although its more of an area rather than a planed community. Sugarland is nice and new as well. I WOULD NOT recommend Humble, or anything around beltway 8 and the southwest freeway. If you have money, Memorial, Bellaire, and the Heights are nice, but a bit older houses. Good luck and welcome to Houston, Texas!

Spring Branch ISD

Memorial area

um i think you need to ask someone else sorry