anyone tried to naturally induce?

I've heard of castor oil (my doc sed its fine, just unpleasant), and ive also heard nipple stimulation...sex isnt an option single mom here...did these work for anyone? how long did it take? tell me all about it details please...thanks ladies

Favorite Answer

Nipple stimulation worked for me :) I rubbed them every night before I went to bed for like 5 mintues, It releases hormones that prepeare your body for labor, My daughter was born 3 days before her due date and I only had 3 hours of labor!

As for castor oil, it will just make you feel sick with no luck inducing. Nipple stimulation has been proven to work but it isnt wise to try yourself without a doctors supervion, the contractions cause by it can also be very intense. My best advise is to get out and walk, walk, walk. It is the best way I know to get the baby moving down and get everything going.

I used Evening Primrose Oil when I was 40 weeks with my first pregnancy. I was making no progress and they mentioned the possibility of inducing me at 42 weeks. I read that it helps soften the cervix. I had the baby a day or two later, but the contractions were very strong. I was having contractions 90 seconds apart lasting for 45-60 seconds for a few hours before going to the hospital and I was only 3 centimeters dilated when I got there. I had them give me an epidural. With my second I made more progress early and I went into labor a few days before my due date. The contractions were so weak compared to the first one. I waited so long that I got to the hospital only an hour before my daugter was born.

Castor Oil worked for me. Because I had to constantly use the restroom, the castor oil causes u to contract and start the process of labor but of course I didnt have my daughter until 19 hours later but it did start it. I think u will be trying to stimulate your nipples for a while before something happens.... heehee.... not to be gross but maybe do something for yourself. ehhhhhhhhmmmm....... u know what I mean. It could start your contractions easier than playing with the babies up there. haha

I tried castor oil, and I went into labor the next morning.

I didn't have the bad side effects either. However, it was the day before my due date, so it may have just been my time.

I put a teaspoon of the castor oil in a milkshake.

Castor oil = devil. Sorry all I've ever heard of is that it causes women to have diarrhea and intestinal cramps. NO way I would try it no matter how uncomfortable I get.

Even if your single, you could masturbate, it's not as good as sex since there's no sperm but orgasm can help induce labor according to my OB. (sorry for the TMI)

Start walking lots too. good luck

Source(s): Due Dec 20...no I don't want to make it that far.

I tried castor oil but it only put me into false labor. walk up and down stairs

I've heard soaking in a luke warm to slight warm bath tub and putting your legs up on the sides. Something about regulating the fluids in your body and giving pressure. I saw it on discovery ch.

oh my gosh ive been tryna induce my self for the past week. ive tried walking, squating, and finally ive been drinking rasberry leaf tea some say it doesnt work but i went to the doctor today and i was a little dialated i was soooo excited

i dont care ****** what can of bitches question are those