what do you think about sigma lens?

film camera

Favorite Answer

Sigma has everything from bargain basement garbage to a line of quality 'EX' lenses - good enough for pros. Same with Canon. They also have everything from budget lenses to a line of professional 'L' lenses. Same with Nikon and all the other brands.

And as with most things, you get what you pay for. You don't really pay a premium for name brand lenses. So if the comparable Canon or Nikon lens costs $200 more, it's probably worth it.

The price of a lens is determined by several factors:

* image quality (distortion, coatings, CA, etc.)

* image stabilization

* light sensitivity

* build quality

* AF speed

* etc.

So if the Sigma is cheaper, you can be sure that it's lacking in one or more of those departments.

I have a few Sigma EX series lenses and love them, they shoot just as good as any of my Nikon lenses and I dont buy the cheap lenses. I own all 2.8 or less. If you would like to see some images shot with my Sigma I can send some to you. But, if your going to buy anything but there EX series i suggest just using the brand of lens your camera is.

With my first Nikon (film), I had a sigma lens. It had a large zoom. I also had a reg Nikon lens for the camera. It worked just as good as the Nikon.

If yo are an amateur and on a budget, I don't see any reason for not going for Sigma/Tamron/Tokina lenses. All these lenses produce excellent results comparable to the OEM's.

Meh. When I shot film, I kept to OEM lenses.